Printing a document is one of the easiest things you can do on a Mac but can become an exercise in frustration when it does not work.
Mac printing problems we solve:
- You cannot successfully install your printer driver.
- You printer is connected but you cannot print.
- You cannot print wirelessly from your Mac or Windows PC
- You cannot use a shared printer installed on a Windows PC
- The printer icon in your Dock keeps bouncing.
Mac Printer Troubleshooting Tips
- Check the Error Log of your printer. Select Printer > Log & History. This will lead you to the Console, where you can view the printer error log. The messages here can sometimes give you a clue as to the cause of the problem.
- If you are getting a message "connecting" while trying to print, it is likely there is a paper jam or a problem with USB connection.
- If you are sharing a printer with another Mac, make sure the host system is properly set up to share the printer. Open System Preferences on the host system and look at the Sharing preference pane. Check that Printer Sharing option is set to enabled. Then go to Print&Fax and check that "Share this printer on the network" option is selected.